Adventurers.dk Forum

LEGO Adventurers & Indiana Jones Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:36 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: New City sets
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:19 am 

I bought some of the new City sets, So thought I would post a few comments here.

In general, all of these sets use stickers rather than printed parts (I still don't like it!)

7635: 4WD with Horse Trailer. A neat small set. Trailer as well as car looks pretty good. But sadly no doors in the 4WD. 8/10

7639: Camper. I really like this camper. It looks great. It's great to have some figs that aren't firemen, policemen etc. It has some mice accessories such as the bicycle and a fish. I wish it had included a windsurfer rather than just a surfboard though. If you're thinking about getting this, go ahead, you won't be dissapointed. 9/10

7641: City Corner. I really like that LEGO is releasing some sets with useful city buildings rather than more police- and firestations. The buildings in this set aren't complete buildings though - they are completely open in the back.The skateboard and bike shop is decent, and so is the bus stop. The pizza oven in the Pizza house doesn't seem to work properly, but at least the building has decent interiors, although nothing really special. But it's nothing like the Cafe Corner etc. The bus looks good in my mind. 8/10

7642: Garage. This is a rather large set with almost a thousand pices. It comes with 3 vehicles. A small decent blue pickup, a red truck (my favorite of the 3) and a decent large orange tow truck. The garage building it self has a very open constuction. Lego has really cut corners here. There's a good deal of accessories in this set though, like a coffee maker, computer, auto lift and different tools. While the garage crane is a nice idea, this one doesn't really do it for me though. 6-7/10