Adventurers.dk Forum

LEGO Adventurers & Indiana Jones Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:10 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New Egypt Theme?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:31 am 

YES! A new official egypt theme! hopefully we get some cool parts in rare sand colours! But those mummies are a bit.. strange. Anyway, I am so happy about this new theme!

Last edited by Jom on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:44 am 

i really like it all. i was a bit dissapointed when i found out that johnny thunder wasn't in the sets, but still i like all the sets. have you guys ever tried making a stop motion 'brickfilm'? i just did one recently and i'm startin another. they are great fun, i strongly suggest you give it a go :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:46 pm 

I've got all the Pharaoh's Quest sets now except for the piramid. I'd say they're all really good although perhaps they lack some of the 'magic' that was found in the old Egypt Adventurer sets, but I guess that's what many 20 something year olds feel about modern sets. The walking and flying mummies are a nice feature and the statues coming to life are fun. The minifigs are essentialy the same characters from the old adventurers with a little update. I'd find Jake Raines a little dull compared to the great Johnny Thunder (Jake looks more like a villain to me) but other than that I think the PhQ minifigs are a great improvement to their predecessors, especially the girl: Helena looks far better than Pippin/Gail - sorry Pippin/Gail.

So generally I think its a real good new line and I hope that after this adventure the gang of adventurers will return to the jungle or some place else in another line of adventure-themed products.